ECOMMERCE TERMS AND CONDITIONS–ATLANTA REFRIGERATION
The websiteatlantarefrigeration.com.auand its related services, products, websites, tools and applications (each referred to as the Website) is owned and operated byAdelaide Refrigeration SolutionsABN 29 102 291 912 trading as Atlanta Refrigeration (Atlanta Refrigeration).
By using the Website or by purchasing any Productsyou agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you don’t agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, you must not use the Website or purchase any Products.
These Terms and Conditions may be updated by us from time to time. The Terms and Conditions that will apply to you will be the then current version at the time you use the Website and place your order. Each time you use our Website you should revisit these Terms and Conditions.
DEFINITIONS & INTERPRETATION
In these Terms and Conditions unless inconsistent with the context or subject matter the following terms have the corresponding meanings:
- Account:an account on the Website.
- Applicable Laws:any Applicable Laws (including orders, by-laws and regulations) in the jurisdiction in which you, and any User you are interacting with are located or which in any way govern or affect the use of the Services.
- Australian Consumer Law:the Australian Consumer Law (as set out in Schedule 2 to the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)).
- GST:the meaning given in A New Tax System (Products and Services Tax) Act 1999 (Cth).
- Loss:any loss, liability, cost, charge, expense, tax, duty or damage of any nature whatsoever, including special, incidental, or consequential damages, losses or expenses (howsoever arising or caused, including, without limitation, negligence).
- our, us and we:Atlanta Refrigeration.
- Products:has the meaning given to it under clause 2.1 and includes any other products offered for sale on the Website from time to time.
- Services:any services we provide to you, including the Website and the sale of Products.
- State: South Australia, Australia.
- User:means any person who uses the Website.
- you and your: means a User.
In these Terms and Conditions, unless inconsistent with the context or subject matter:
- Headings and subheadings are for convenience only and do not affect the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions.
- References to clauses, schedules, annexures, appendices, attachments and exhibits are references to the clauses of, and the schedules, annexures, appendices, attachments and exhibits to, these Terms and Conditions.
- References to a party to any agreement or document include that party’s permitted assignees and successors, including executors and administrators and legal representatives.
- Words denoting the singular include the plural and words denoting the plural include the singular. Words denoting any gender include all genders.
- The word ‘person’ includes any individual, corporation or other body corporate, partnership, joint venture, trust, association and any government agency.
- A reference to any agreement or document (including these Terms and Conditions) includes any amendments to or replacements of that document.
- A reference to a law includes legislation, regulations and other instruments made under legislation and any consolidations, amendments, re-enactments or replacements of them and is a reference to that law as amended, consolidated, re-enacted, replaced or applied to new or different facts.
- Any promise, agreement, representation or warranty given or entered into on the part of two or more persons binds them jointly and each of them severally and is for the benefit of them jointly and each of them severally.
- No provision of these Terms and Conditions will be construed adversely to a party because that party was responsible for the preparation of that provision or these Terms and Conditions.
- A reference to time or day is a reference to time in the capital city of the State.
- A reference to an amount of dollars, Australian dollars, $ or A$ is a reference to the lawful currency of the Commonwealth of Australia, unless the amount is specifically denominated in another currency.
- Specifying anything in these Terms and Conditions after the terms ‘include’, ‘including’, ‘includes’, ‘for example’, ‘such as’ or any similar expression does not limit the sense of the words, description, definition, phrase or term preceding those terms unless there is express wording to the contrary.
- A reference to writing or written includes email.
USING THE WEBSITE
- Atlanta Refrigerationsuppliesfridges and accessoriesas well as other white goods and products made available through the Website(together the Products).
- Your use of this Website is by non-exclusive licence granted by us strictly in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- You may not use this Website in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Website or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Website.
- In order to use most of the functionality of the Website, you may need to register with us and set up an Account with your email address and a password. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and you are liable for all activities that happen under your Account, even if you do not authorise such activities.
- When you notify us of your Account being accessed without your authority or your Account not being secure, we may restrict your use of the Website in our absolute discretion.
PLACING AN ORDER FOR PRODUCTS
- You may place an order for Products by following the prompts on the Website and submitting your order to us in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions do not apply to purchases of the Products other than on the Website. For purchases outside of the Website please refer to the terms contained in your sale contract (or as otherwise advised by us).
- Any order placed through the Website for Products is an offer by you to purchase the Products for the purchase price specified on the Website at the time you placedthe order. You acknowledge that by placing your order, you are agreeing to pay for and accept delivery of the Products ordered, subject to any limitations shown on the Website.
- All orders placed are subject to availability.Our rights to cancel your order are set out under clause 7. You may not cancel your order once it is placed other than as expressly provided for in these Terms and Conditions. We may in our sole discretion, limit or cancel quantities purchased per person, per household or per order (including those placed without limitation by the same customer account, same credit card, or same billing and/or shipping address).
- In the event that you purchase a Product on behalf of a third party, you represent and warrant that you have made that third party aware of these Terms and Conditions and you acknowledge and agree that actions of that third party shall also be attributed to you for the purposes of these Terms and Conditions.
- The purchase price for the Products will be displayed on the Website at the time you place an order. Prices and all other details for our Products are subject to change without notice.
- You must make payment via a method accepted by us as stated on the Website. We will charge you and you agree to pay the purchase price and any other fees shown to you on the Website for the Products at the time you place your order, except where otherwise agreed. Any payments for an order of Products must be received in cleared funds before the Products will be dispatched. If your payment cannot be processed, or fails to clear, your order will be rejected, and you will be notified by the Website.
- You authorise us, directly or through third parties, to make any inquiries we consider necessary to help verify or check your identity or prevent fraud.
- Our payment provider may charge you a fee depending on the payment method used by you (for example, payments made by credit card may attract a small surcharge). You agree to pay such fees at the same time as you make payment to us, even if such fees are not explicitly disclosed on the Website.
- Prices shown on the Website are in Australian Dollars (AUD) and include GST, unless otherwise stated.
- All payments must be made in clear funds without set-off or counter claim.
- You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for ensuring that you have read and understood any applicable third-party (such as PayPal) terms and conditions when using the Website. We will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you in connection with such third party terms, regardless of whether we bring these to your attention or not. You are solely responsible for obtaining a copy of and reviewing such third party terms.
- We are not party to any transaction between you and a third party. For example, if you incur a debt to a third party payment provider in connection with a purchase through the Website, you are solely liable for that debt and you acknowledge that we are unrelated to, and have no control over that third party payment provider.
- Each order placed by you will be a separate and binding agreement between you and us in respect of the supply of the Products.
SHIPPING AND DELIVERY OF PRODUCTS
Costs of Delivery
- Available delivery options, terms and charges for each Product will be shown on the relevant checkout page at the time you place your order. The option selected by you and the applicable costs of delivery and estimated delivery times will be shown in your checkout summary at the time you place your order. Payment of delivery costs is due at the time you place an order.
- You are required to pay any customs, import, duties and/or taxes which attach to the supply and delivery of your order, including but not limited to custom duties for any international deliveries, at the same time as you pay for the Products or otherwise at the time specified by us or any authority.
Delivery of Products
- Once we have accepted your order and received valid payment in full for the Products and delivery costs (where applicable)we will endeavour toprocess your order within the timeframes as specified on the Website however we are unable to guarantee delivery within these timeframes.
- Please note that all shipping times listed on the Website are an estimated time of delivery only and to the extent permitted by law, we are not responsible for any delays experienced or Loss suffered as a result of delays.
- Shipping will be provided by our nominated third party delivery service provider.
- You must ensure there is clear and safe access for delivery. If the delivery service provider arrives at the agreed time but is unable to deliver the Product or considers that it is unsafe or inappropriate to do so, you may be required to pay for re-delivery.
- If you provide us with authority to leave the Products, then your order will be left unattended at the delivery address you nominate at checkout. In doing so we will not be held liable for any loss or damage that is suffered to your Products as a result.
- If you do not provide us with authority to leave then if you are not available to take delivery of the Products, or if another issue arises we may at our discretion either take your Products to a delivery service provider’s local depot or redeliver the Products to your delivery address at a later date (in which case you must pay the costs of return, storage and redelivery prior to the Products being re-delivered).
- Some Products may require extra delivery personnel which may incur an additional charge as advised to you before you submit your order.
Click and collect
- It may be an option to collect the Products from the designated locations specified on the Website and as nominated by you at the checkout page. If Products are being collected, please collect them within 7 days after we inform you that the Products are ready for collection. You will be responsible for transportation when picking up the Products.
- If you fail to collect them within this time, then unless you make arrangements with us for late collection, we will assume you have cancelled your order. This means we may re-sell the Product, and you may be required to pay a re-stocking fee or, in the case of specially ordered or custom-made product, forfeit any deposit/payment you have made. We may need to verify your identity upon collection.
- Pick-up is only available during business operation hours and not available on public holidays in South Australia.
- We deliver to most residential and business addresses within Australia, however unfortunately there are certain areas that we are unable to deliver to. Please review the Website at the time you place your order for available shipping locations.
- If there is any delay with the delivery of your order, then we will contact you as soon as possible.
Risk and Title
- All fully paid orders will be shipped by the postage carrier nominated by us. Until an order is paid for in full, title in the relevant Product remains with us.
- All risk in the Products ordered will pass to you at the time the Products are collected either by our nominated delivery service provider (where delivery is selected) or by you (where you click and collect). You are solely responsible for ensuring that the Products are adequately insuredfrom collection and during the transit of the Products to the delivery address. Where we provide you with the option for insurance on the Website, such insurance is provided by a third party.In all cases we will not be responsible for any damage or Loss that incurs from collection and during the transit of the Products to the delivery address.
PROMOTIONS AND DISCOUNTS
From time to time we may provide you with a promotional or coupon code for use when placing an order. It is your responsibility to ensure that the code is valid, and that you enter the code for use at the correct time. The code cannot be applied after you have submitted your order. Separate terms may apply to the use of the code and will be advised by us.
Our cancellation rights
We reserve the right to accept or reject your order (or any part thereof) at any time and for any reason in our absolute discretion, including after you have placed the order and received a confirmation email and/or invoice or we have previously accepted such order. We may cancel your order for example, in the following circumstances (without limitation):
- if the Products are not available;
- you place an order to be delivered outside our delivery zones; or
- where there is an error in the description or price of any Products on the Website relevant to your order. If we do cancel your order, we may do so without any liability to you for that cancellation except as set out in this clause. Where we cancel your order, we will endeavour to notify you and provide you a refund of all payments made for such order.
Your cancellation rights
You may not cancel any order unless otherwise agreed by us in writing.
RETURNS AND REFUND POLICY
Our Products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the Products repaired or replaced if the Products fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall be read or applied so as to exclude, restrict or modify or have the effect of excluding, restricting or modifying any condition, warranty, guarantee, right or remedy implied by law (including the Australian Consumer Law) which cannot by law be excluded, restricted or modified.
Change of mind returns
Unless otherwise agreed by us in our discretion, unfortunately we are unable to offer change of mind returns and exchanges/refunds. If we do agree to a change of mind return for a refund or exchange, then this will be subject to your compliance with any conditions that we specify.
- The Products come with a manufacturer’s warranty which is offered by the manufacturer. The manufacturer’s warranty covers manufacturing defects for the Products for theduration of the manufacturer’s warranty period as specified on the Website for each Product.Please refer to thepackaging and brochures included with each Product to determine the manufacturer warranty terms and conditions of your purchase (Warranty Booklet).Please note that any breach of the terms of the Warranty Booklet may result in the manufacturer’s warranty being void.
- In order to claim pursuant to this warrantysee the terms and conditions set out in the Warranty Booklet. The manufacturer will be responsible to provide the manufacturer warranty for any Products. If assistance is required in claiming under the manufacturer’s warranty, please contact us.
- The manufacturer’s warranty is in addition to your statutory rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
ACCURACY OF INFORMATION
You agree to provide current, complete and accurate billing and contact information for all purchases made on the Website.
ACCESS AND TERMINATION
We reserve the right, at any time and without prior notice, to remove or disable access to this Website or any part of it for any reason.
Your use of the Website, and your information, must not:
- be false, inaccurate, misleading, fraudulent, deceptive or unlawful;
- be in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Website or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of this Website;
- infringe any third party’s rights or violate any Applicable Laws;
- contain any viruses or similar which could affect the integrity, operation or security of this Website;
- create liability for us or cause us to lose (in whole or in part) the services or custom of our internet service provider, other users or other suppliers;
- damage the credibility or integrity of the Website or Atlanta Refrigeration, or dilute, tarnish, or otherwise harm our brand in any way;
- breach or violate any of our policies;
- copy, store or otherwise access or use any information contained on the Website for purposes not expressly permitted by these Terms and Conditions;
- use the Website for any purposes that are not permitted by these Terms and Conditions or in any way that is inconsistent with the purpose of the Website, or in a manner that falsely implies Atlanta Refrigeration endorsement, partnership or otherwise misleads others as to your affiliation with Atlanta Refrigeration;
- attempt to circumvent payment of any fees in anyway; or
- circumvent, disable or otherwise attempt to interfere with any security related features.
Before using the Products or otherwise connecting the Products to a mains supply, you are solely responsible for checking that:
- the mains supply is suitable for the Products including (without limitation) that it is at the correct voltage, operating range and frequency;
- visual checks are carried out on the Products (such as ensuring that the plug or connector is not damage);
- the current from the mains has been tested;
- an assessment has been made of any electrical hazards; and
- the mains supply is electronically protected against any electrocution, physical or property damage.
Additional safety measures may be specified in the instructions set out in the Warranty Booklet, and you are required to follow these.
Except to the extent expressly set out in these Terms and Conditions and to the maximum extent permitted by law, we provide the Products on an “as is” basis and without any warranties, representations, or conditions of any kind, whether express, implied or statutory.
Without limiting the other terms of this clause, you acknowledge and agree that:
- although reasonable care has been taken to provide accurate information, any content provided on the Website is intended for general guidance only and neither the content or any of the Products are intended to be advice and should not be treated that way;
- you must use the Products with common sense, do not consume or put the Products in places they are not intended. Always use caution when using the Products. You should read all instructions and manuals provided with the Products prior to use. Use of the Products is at your own risk;
- all data, information,figures and statistics of the material properties and characteristics of the Products (including those stated on the Products) are indicative only and provided without implied warranty of any kind (except as set out in these Terms and Conditions). Such information is provided for general guidance and should not be considered binding specifications.The material properties and characteristics of the Products may vary from Product to Product and from your individual use of the Product (such as differing environments and use);
- the Products are intended to be used, stored and maintained in accordance with our instructions or user manual providedfor each Product. We are not responsible for any problems that occur due to misuse of our Products;
- all images and videos of Products displayed on the Website are for illustrative purposes only and the actual Products may differ from those images (including colours, sizing and texture);
- any accessory featured with the Products may be sold separately (unless otherwise stated);
- we do not guarantee any results from your use of the Products; and
- we are not responsible for any information made available on this Website, and we do not represent or warrant the accuracy of any information. Atlanta Refrigeration does not promise that the Website or any content will be error-free or uninterrupted, or that your use of the Website or any Products will provide any specific results. You assume total responsibility for your use of the Website and Products.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Subject to the other terms of this clause, we exclude all rights, representations, guarantees, conditions, warranties, undertakings, remedies or other terms in relation to the Products that are not expressly set out in these Terms and Conditions to the maximum extent permitted by law.
Without limiting clause 14.1, you acknowledge and agree that we will not be liable forany death, personal injury or damage to property arising out of or in connection with your use of the Products.
Subject to the other terms of this clause, our maximum aggregate liability to you for any Loss or damage or injury arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions, including any breach by us of these Terms and Conditions however arising, under any indemnity, in tort (including negligence), under any statute, custom, law or on any other basis, is limited to the actual amounts paid by you in respect of the relevant Product which caused the Loss, damage or injury.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to have the effect of excluding, restricting or modifying the application of all or any of the provisions of the Australian Consumer Law, or the exercise of a right conferred by such a provision, or any liability of ours in relation to a failure to comply with a guarantee that applies under Division 1 of Part 3-2 of the Australian Consumer Law to a supply of goods, to the extent that the Australian Consumer Law applies to the Products.
If we are liable to you in relation to a failure to comply with a guarantee that applies under Division 1 of Part 3-2 of the Australian Consumer Law that cannot be excluded, our total liability to you for that failure is limited to, at our option the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods, or the repair of the goods, or the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods, or the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired.
The limitation and exclusion of liability in this clause applies whether the liability claim is based on breach of contract, under a warranty or an indemnity, tort (including negligence), under statute, in equity or otherwise.
Without limitation to the other terms in these Terms and Conditions, we exclude any liability to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, for any special, indirect or consequential loss arising under or in connection with these Terms and Conditions.
Notwithstanding anything else in these Terms and Conditions, our liability will be reduced to the extent the Lossor damage is caused by or contributed to by you.
Where you are or may be entitled to recover from a third party any sum in respect of any matter or event that could give rise to a claim under these Terms and Conditions, you must:
- use your best endeavours to recover that sum before making the claim;
- keep us at all times fully and promptly informed of the conduct of such recovery; and
- reduce the amount of the claim to the extent that sums are recovered.
We will not be liable for any claim under or in relation to or arising out of these Terms and Conditions including a breach of any warranty unless:
- you have first made a claim under any insurance policy held by you that may cover that claim; and
- that claim has been denied in whole or partly by the relevant insurer.
If you recover any amount under an insurance policy in respect of a claim under or in relation to or arising out of these Terms and Conditions and that amount is less than the loss or damage incurred by you, the amount of the shortfall will be the amount of your loss for the purposes of these Terms and Conditions.
Except to the extent caused or contributed to by our breach of these Terms and Conditions, you agree to indemnify us against, and hold us harmless from, any Losses (including any direct, indirect, special or consequential Losses) and all interest, penalties and legal costs (calculated on a full indemnity basis) and all other professional costs and expenses suffered or incurred by us arising out of or in connection with:
- your breach or negligent performance or non-performance of these Terms and Conditions or any policy or the terms and policies they incorporate by reference;
- the enforcement of these Terms and Conditions;
- any claim made against us by a third party arising out of your use of the Products;
- any claim made against us by a third party for death, personal injury or damage to property arising out of or in connection with the Products, to the extent that such damage is attributable to your acts or omission (or failure to follow our instructions); or
- your violation of any law or the rights of a third party, or otherwise arising directly or indirectly from your use of our Services (including the sale of the Products).
You must make payments under this clause:
- immediately on demand, in full without set-off or counterclaim, and without any deduction in respect of taxes unless prohibited by law; and
- in the currency in which the payment is due, and otherwise in Australian dollars, in immediately available funds.
It is not necessary for us to incur expense or make payment before enforcing a right of indemnity under this clause.
The indemnities in this clause:
- are continuing obligations of yours, independent from your other obligations under these Terms and Conditions and survive termination or expiry of these Terms and Conditions; and
- are absolute and unconditional and unaffected by anything which otherwise might have the effect of prejudicing, releasing, discharging or affecting your liability.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
You acknowledge that we own all right, title and interest in and to the Website and the Products including without limitation all intellectual property rights, and such rights are protected by Australian and international intellectual property laws.
You agree that:
- you will not copy, reproduce, alter, modify, create derivative works, or publicly display (other than on the Website) any of ourintellectual property except with our prior written permission or the appropriate third party authorised to grant such permission and when doing so you must adequately acknowledge us and, in the case of websites, include a link from your website to our Website;
- we own all right, title and interest in and to the Website and no right, title or interest is transferred or granted to you, except so far as expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions;
- if you add any information to the Website of any nature whatsoever that information is personally attributable to you and you warrant that you have the right to distribute that information;
- you acknowledge that when you provide us with information, we may receive additional related data, such as the time, date and place you provided the Information; and
- we are not liable or responsible for any Loss that you may experience in submitting information to us or for our use of your information in accordance with the licence granted.
We may in our sole and absolute discretion refuse or remove any information from the Website.
By using this Website, you acknowledge and agree that internet transmissions are never completely private or secure and understand that any message or information you send to the Website may be read or intercepted by others.
You authorise us to use, store or otherwise process any information including personal information which relates to and/or identifies you, to the extent reasonably necessary for the provision of any Products requested by you.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the State, and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the Courts of the Stateand relevant federal/Commonwealth courts competent to hear appears from them.
If a clause of these Terms and Conditions is void or unenforceable it must be read down to the extent necessary to give it legal effect or severed from if it cannot be read down and the remaining part and provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
You agree that these Terms and Conditions and all incorporated agreements may be assigned by us in its sole discretion without notice. You may not assign these Terms and Conditions without obtaining our prior written consent.